Mother’s Day Contest (Pssst…it’s our first ever!)
As you might know, Mother’s Day is a very special day at Tillie Moon. Tillie, our Mom and Grammy, was part of the inspiration for our blog and on Mother’s Day more than most days we remember her and try to honor her. Our blog’s birthday is also on Mother’s Day in tribute to her.
For this coming Mother’s Day we are going to do two things we have never done before on the blog. We are hosting a contest AND the winner will also be our first guest blogger!
We are asking for YOUR stories about your Mom and what she means to you (food and delicious life tie-ins encouraged, but not required!). We will then choose the winning story to post on our blog the week of Mother’s Day.
The winner of the contest and lucky guest blogger will receive a free copy of Memoirs of a Delicious Life, with a personalized inscription, and free shipping to anywhere in the United States as their prize (to be a gift to themselves or for anyone they choose) arriving in time for Mother’s Day.
The Tillie Moon gals will share their own Mother’s Day posts as well. Our three posts and the guest post will all pay homage to our moms and all moms. The week of May 6 to 13 will be filled with posts about cherishing our moms or their memories; we hope you will enjoy it!
Here are the contest “rules:”
- Written submissions for the contest must be received no later than April 20 at 11:00pm Central Standard Time.
- Written submission should be 500 words or less.
- The submission must not have been previously published.
- All submissions must be emailed to Contact@TillieMoon.com along with the author’s full name, address, email address and best contact phone number.
- The entrant through the act of submission gives Tillie Moon permission to use their name in the guest blog post. No other personal information will be shared unless the entrant requests AND Tillie Moon determines to share the information.
- The act of submitting to us at Tillie Moon in and of itself will release all rights to the story submitted. Tillie Moon and our authors will have all rights associated with the story but will, of course, give proper credit to the author.
- The submission may include one to three photos. If Tillie Moon chooses to use the photos submitted, then the photo rights are released to Tillie Moon by the act of submission to Tillie Moon.
- The winner will be contacted no later than May 3rd and at that time the winner must provide the name and address of where they would like their free copy of Memoirs of a Delicious Life sent.
- The guest blog post will be chosen by the three Tillie Moon authors and will be completely at their discretion.
- Tillie Moon is not responsible for clerical or typographical errors of any kind or nature relating to the entries.
- By participating in this contest, each entrant represents and warrants that:
- The submission is original to the entrant, and all right, title and interest (including but not limited to copyright) therein and thereto is exclusively owned and/or controlled by the entrant to the full extent necessary for Tillie Moon to use the submission.
- The submission does not contain any material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the submission is created or submitted.
- The submission does not infringe upon the intellectual property or other statutory or common law rights of any third party (including but not limited to copyright, trademark, personality or privacy rights).
- Tillie Moon’s use and re-use of the submission will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party (including copyright), or require any payment to or consent/permission from any third party.
- The submission has not been previously exploited or published in any form and no rights in or to the submission have been granted, pledged, or assigned to any third party which would interfere with or derogate from the rights granted to Tillie Moon.
I am Judy and David’s daughter and Mel and Tillie’s and Fred and Luella’s granddaughter. I am the beaches and coast, lakes and steams and mountains of California. California is in my heart and soul, where I grew up, and it will always feel like home. My family and my oldest, cherished friends are there and dotted around the West. But, I am also downtown Chicago where I walked to work in knee-high snow and the shores of Lake Michigan where my husband and I strolled pulling my son behind us in his red wagon so he could learn to pump a swing and build sandcastles at the playground on our local beach.Read More